Monday, November 23, 2009

Gen Y: Footing a Bill This Big Requires Massive Dr. Scholl's Insoles. Are You Gellin'?

Deficit-related health care article of the day, a few days late:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/22/AR2009112201237.html

Entitlements are the main cause of inevitable future budgetary collapse. Politicians are afraid to touch these "third rails of politics" because of the voting and lobbying power of seniors. I wish I could say that the current health care reform bills under debate truly address reigning-in Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security costs, but I have no idea whether they do. Congress isn't capable of presenting their intentions to the American public in a clear, concise way and I don't have time to read thousands of pages of legal babble. I suppose I am forced to trust in the White House, OMB, and CBO, but something tells me they aren't too reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment