Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Reel Valyew of a Publick Educashun


A Pasco county high school student sent this letter to the editor of the St. Pete Times concerning the length of school years. It is simply horrendous. I could enter into a diatribe here about how poor most public schools are, but I'm sure you already know that. At the very least, our schools should be teaching students proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure before they leave elementary school. To think that someone got to their junior year of high school writing like that is unbelievable. Even if a student fails to grasp algebra, biology, or history, they need a fundamental understanding of the English language to be successful in just about any profession.

Education is one of my favorite topics to discuss. It is something I hope to improve, through my own efforts, in my life time. This is the first of many future postings concerning education.

Common Since: Never underestimate the value of communication skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment